Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Breastfeeding Woes

-5w3d/1m1w-

Tristan latched great in the hospital - immediately in fact!

He was feeding great... but every hour! Went in for our 2 week appointment and he wasn't back up to his birth weight! :(
So, I'm thinking... what am I doing wrong... maybe I'm feeding wrong... or something...

For the next week I kept track of my feedings and brought them into the Dr because he wanted to see Tristan again and weigh him... he LOST an once! And I feed him practically every hour!

So, Dr. Benson wanted to start supplementing with formula and have me take fenugreek... and come back again in a week.
We went in a week later, he had gained 14oz in that week! It's great that he is gaining weight.... but I feel like crap :( and I haven't noticed a difference on the fenugreek....

I was feeding him every hour... he would feed then act like he was starving! Then down a whole bottle :(  The only time he feeds from me without throwing a fit is in the morning... and even then he can still take a bottle.....

I've tried to pump and I'm getting barely anything.... and it hurts....

I'm torn between just breastfeeding a couple times a day and using formula for all other feedings.... or fighting this and trying to get my milk up....

Even in the mornings, after 7+ hours.... I don't get engorged .... and only sometimes leak....

A lactation nurse is coming to my house today, in an hour... so, we will see what she says....

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment